What is JIO-MEET App & how it will shock ZOOM?
Indian Telecom Operator Giant, Reliance Jio has launched its own Video Conferencing and video calling App, i.e. JIO-MEET App to give a bump and shock to its competitors ZOOM and Google Meet. So,What is JIO-MEET app, we will tell you all about this.
With its launch on July 2nd, 2020, they are ready to take over their main competitor Zoom and Google Meet.
If you want to know what it is and how it will shock Zoom app, then you are at the right place.
In the event that you are thinking to utilize Jio Meet for your office video calls or online classes, yet are uninformed of how to begin, at that point this is the ideal guide for you.
What is JIO-MEET?
JIO-MEET is a free Android and IOS app which can be downloaded from the Google and Apple Play Store.
In the current scenario, when the relations with China are not good and people are boycotting products that are not made in India and especially Chinese.
Jio has targeted mainly company’s employees, who all are using video conferencing apps, in these COVID days, as they all are working from home mainly.
This app has many new features which you will not be able to find in the other apps like, Schedule Meetings, Screen Sharing etc.
You can download JIO-Meet app through Google or Apple Play store and it can also be accessed through Google Chrome or Firefox in your Computer.
The interface interestingly looks very nuch similar to ZOOM, only difference is the colors and icons.
How to download JIO-MEET app?
At present, JIO-MEET app can be downloaded from Google and Apple play store for free.
JIOMEET Android app Download —-Link
JIOMEET iOS app Download —-Link
To setup JIO-MEET App is very easy. You just have to give your phone number and after verifying the OTP, your account will be created and after that you can join the meeting very easily.
Who are the main competitors of JIO-MEET app?
This app is definitely going to give a tough competition to its near competitors. Its main competitors are:
- Google Meet
- Facebook Messenger rooms
- Microsoft Teams
How to use JIO-MEET App?
One can easily join Jio-Meet app, by signing in with the company domain or Phone Number (if you are an Individual)
The steps are:
- Open the Jio-Meet app or Visit https://jiomeetpro.jio.com/home
- Then go the Sign-In page
- Click on the Company Domain option
- Now your Domain-Id/Email address
- Click on Continue
What are the benefits of this app?
- It can be used for one on one meetings or Group Video Conference calls.
- Signing up is a kids thing. Just enter the mobile no, name, email-id and get started.
- Mostly Video call apps have time limits, but JIO-MEET has no such limit. A video call can be as long as 24 hours without any interruption.
- You can schedule a meeting and share the meeting code.
- It has Enterprise-Grade Host Controls, because of this every meeting on JIO-Meet is password protected, to keep the privacy intact.
- It has screen sharing option like ZOOM app.
- JIO-MEET has the waiting room option also. One can choose to enable or disable it. When this option is on, no one can join meeting without the permission of the host.
- It comes with Multi device support. Switching from one device to another is very easy.
- It has a very nice mode called the “Safe Driving Mode”. It is helpful for those people who want to attend meeting on the go.
- One can send meeting Ids through WhatsApp, Twitter etc.
JIO-MEET vs. ZOOM Basic free plan
Zoom and JIO-MEET app both allows a maximum number of 100 people on the same meeting at one time.
But time limit is the big difference between the two. Zoom allows team meeting for only 40 minutes, and if you want to continue after the first 40 minutes, you have to disconnect and start again.
Whereas in JIOMEET, a user can be in a meeting for a maximum of 24 hours without any interruption.
This is definitely a very promising feature and this will boost up the popularity of JIO-MEET app.
You can continue the meeting for 24 hours with 100 odd people.
JIO-MEET vs. ZOOM Paid plan
JIO-MEET is on an upper hand for the free plans. But when you are looking for a large level of meetings with flexibility, ZOOM is far better. ZOOM has 3 paid plans:
- For small teams
- It starts with $14.99/month/host for up to a number of 9 hosts.
- For larger companies, you have to go for the costlier plans. Here ZOOM allows maximum 1000 participants ona single call.
- Zoom can also host Webinars also.
JIO-MEET can be used on old video call devices too. You can use separate camera for this app.
Many reports say that JioMeet and Zoom are both similar apps, because they both use the same user interface.
Zoom, Google meet and JioMeet allows the host to control the mic and camera settings.
Video quality is fixed to 720p in JIO-MEET app.
ZOOM is giving End-to-End encryption for paid and free users both. But till now JIO-MEET has not given details about this yet.
I hope you have liked this article; I have tried to give all the necessary information about the JIO-MEET app.
If you have any doubts or queries related to this, you can comment below, and if you have liked this article, please share it on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter etc.